Explosive Licensees and Permit Holders

Individuals and companies who work with explosive materials are typically licensed by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.  This area can involve a wide variety of topics.  These topics can easily cross the spectrum of civil, criminal and administrative law.  Having a lawyer who has experience in these diverse areas can be important to finding a cost effective and acceptable solution to your issues.

Some of the topics which bring individuals and businesses to us in the area of firearms law and practice include:

  • Problems with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (formerly the ATF, then the BATF, and now the BATFE).  These problems may include license disputes, problems with criminal records, and criminal charges under the federal acts.  We represent federal licensees and permit holders.

  • ATF audits of licenses and records